With the release of Server 2016 its now time to deploy the updated Windows 10 Group Policy Templates. Just a reminder there are two version available.
- Windows 10 release 11/17/2015 – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48257
- Windows 10 release & Server 2016 8/5/2016 – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53430
The recommended approach to installing Group Policy templates is below.
- The first step is to navagate to %systemroot%/policydefinitions folder. Copy all contents we are making a backup of them.
2. Now that you have made a copy created a folder called BackupGPO and paste them in it. This is in case something goes wrong you have a copy of them.
3. After you have downloaded and extracted the new Policies you will want to copy them.
4. Next step is paste them into your Domain Controller policy definitions folder. Replace files in destination.
5. As you can see highlighted in Blue are the new policies .